Question: Do you need a permit to camp in Alberta?

Each camper must have a camping permit. A maximum of 6 people and one tent is permitted on each site. Exceptions: 2 tents are permitted per site at Big Elbow and Tombstone Backcountry Campgrounds.

Can I camp anywhere in Alberta?

Random camping is permitted in wildland provincial parks with some restrictions and recommendations. Random camping is not permitted within 1 kilometre of a designated camping facility. Random camping is not permitted within 1 kilometre of a road, provincial park or provincial recreation area boundary.

Do you need a permit to random camp in Alberta?

Public Lands Camping Pass required A Public Lands Camping Pass is required to random camp on public land along the Eastern Slopes of the Rocky Mountains. For more information, visit: Public Lands Camping Pass.

Can you camp for free in Alberta?

You are allowed to random camp with no permit. Click here for a complete list of all Alberta Wildland Provincial Parks. Be sure to follow these rules. PLUZ (Public Land Use Zone): Public land managed by the Government of Alberta.

Can you camp anywhere for free?

Bookings are now required for all campgrounds and campsites in NSW national parks, including those without camping fees. All free campgrounds now have a non-refundable $6 booking fee. This is to manage numbers in each location to support social distancing.

Is there a fee to enter Alberta provincial parks?

There are no fees for day use in provincial parks.

Why do I have to pay to camp?

Why are fees charged for camping and accommodation? While many national parks in NSW are free for visitors to enjoy, NPWS charges fees for camping and hard roof accommodation in some parks. Fees are being introduced at some campgrounds around NSW to enable NPWS to better maintain camping areas.

How much does it cost to camp on Crown land in Alberta?

Campers 18 years and older must have a pass: $20 per person for a 3-day pass. $30 per person for an annual pass.

Has Bill 64 passed Alberta?

A new bill would allow the Alberta government to charge people for camping on Crown land, and opens the door for potential more fees for recreational uses in future. Bill 64, the Public Lands Amendment Act, passed its first reading in the legislature on Monday.

Contact us

Find us at the office

Hurtarte- Aminov street no. 34, 93309 The Valley, Anguilla

Give us a ring

Oluwadamilola Gleich
+93 552 509 928
Mon - Fri, 8:00-17:00

Tell us about you